structured Research Assignment
STRUCTURED EXTERNAL ASSIGNMENT SEC 6010
Every organization is faced with some kind of risk or threat that could cause an interruption to the organization’s operations. These risks and threats can be internal or external. To prepare for these events, organizations must focus their attention on how to assess different types of risks to protect the organization from the possible negative effects. Performing a risk assessment is one of the most important steps in the risk management process.
A Risk Assessment is periodic assessment of the risk and magnitude of the harm that could result from the unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction of information and information systems that support the operations and assets of the organization. Many organizations perform risk assessments to measure the amount of risks that could affect their organization, and identify ways to minimize these risks before a major disaster occurs.
In this paper the student must identify the risks and potential effects associated with the areas of the organization pertaining to security and disaster recovery.
Please be sure to include the following:
· Introduction of the organization
· Overview of the IT department and personnel
· Discuss the occurrence or breach or disaster that has happened.
· Perform a risk assessment and threat identification section for the organization that you have chosen, as outlined in CHAPTER 2, 7, 8, and 9 in RISK ANAYSIS AND THE SECURITY SURVEY. This section should point out the organizations weaknesses or vulnerabilities. This will be your hypothesis as to why the breach or disaster has occurred.
· Create a response plan as identified in Chapter 14 of RISK ANAYSIS AND THE SECURITY SURVEY.
· Be detailed in your response plan as this will be the most critical part of your paper. You can create your own response plan even if the organization has its own plan. This plan will be in direct response to remedying the issues that were caused by the breach or disaster.
· No less than 7 pages
· Must be your own work not a group activity
· No plagiarism
· APA format
· Master’s level work expected
· Correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar are essential.
· Must have a cover page with course name, student’s name, date, and title of paper.
· Pages must be numbers.