The Great Recession of 2008
Guidelines for Course Paper
A paper on a macroeconomic topic is required for this course. As per your Course Outline, you are required to submit a written assignment (course paper) for this course. The written assignment is worth 25% of your course grade. Your course paper must be on one of the following three macroeconomic topics:
1. The Great Recession of 2008 – Causes and Consequences
Once you have selected a topic, be sure to conduct a thorough Review of Literature on the subject. The minimum length of your course paper is 10 pages, double-spaced without the title page and the page on references. There is no upper page limit for your paper. Additional guidance will be provided during the first week of the course.
Organize your paper with five sections:
* Introduction and objective. Make sure the objective is specific.
* Literature Review. Conduct a search on the topic of your paper and summarize works of others similar to what you are writing on. Be sure to follow APA guidelines. The following link contains basics of APA style guidelines:
* Analysis: Analyze your topic with reference to the objective.
* Summary and conclusion.
* References. Provide at least five references, at least two of which must be scholarly books and /or journals.
You are welcome to send your topic and the objective of your paper to your instructor by the end of the first week so that she/he may provide additional guidance.